Jimma University- ABH Campus Academic Program is an opportunity created through the affiliation of Jimma University and ABH Services. It offers residents of Addis Ababa and the surrounding area quality education from a recognized public institute. The College of Business and Economics is an established center for higher education in fields such as management, economics, finance, and banking. The expertise of the BECO in addition to the administrative support team at ABH Services creates an environment suited for graduate studies for the busy professional.
MSc. in Health Monitoring and Evaluation
The M.Sc. in Health Monitoring and Evaluation program is developed by the Department of Health Services Management and the International Center for Monitoring and Evaluation in Jimma University (ICME-JU). This innovative program is the first of its kind in Africa and one of the world’s few graduate programs in the field. It is designed to support the healthcare system in the development of a monitoring and evaluation system in a country or region. This program is available to students with a B.Sc. in health related disciplines or students with Bachelor degree in Economics, Statistics, Management, Sociology, Social work, and Psychology with a minimum of two years’ work experience in planning, implementing, monitoring, and Evaluation of health programs. Students of this program are provided a learning environment that couples theory with practice in the recently advancing evaluation profession.
Students will be trained on the following core competency areas which will be achieved through practical sessions, community attachments and student evaluation research project
- Understand different methods of systematic inquiry (quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods) applicable to formulate and answer monitoring and evaluation questions in public health.
- Understand concepts behind public health interventions and the components of a monitoring and evaluation system
- Determine the evaluability of social programs and identify plausible evaluation designs fitting specific programmatic situations
- Manage evaluation processes including possible conflicts among stakeholders and Conduct meta-evaluation
The JU-ABH curriculum equips our graduate student with theoretical knowledge and practical expertise. The challenging curriculum is created to give graduates a competitive edge over other job applicants in an aggressive job market. Our aim is to have graduates who are adept at each aspect of a business transaction..
The Schedule is created to fit with the hectic schedule of a working professional. MSc. in Development Economics courses are offered in two specific timetables.
- Weekend classes 9:00 am to 5:00pm
- Evening classes 6:00 pm to 8:30pm