Founded in 2007, ABH Services PLC (also called ABH Partners by trade name) is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing management firm in Ethiopia with over eleven years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general and the public health sphere of Ethiopia in particular. ABH focuses on knowledge management as the enabler and cross-cutting theme across its four major service lines or core competencies: Consultancy, Survey Management, Training, and Implementation of projects and programs.
Job ID: ABH-037-NEBE
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Training Officer.
Required number: One
Reports to: Training Coordinator, HQ of NEBE
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Training Coordinator, the Trainer will be responsible to ensure successful election through providing tailored training and supervision. Make sure that trainings are tailored based on identified gaps. Ensure quality of trainings and modules are up to the standard. Use alternative source of information and discussion with stakeholders to identify competency gaps. Conduct in depth analysis to fill training need and consider the gaps In training preparation. Follow up and ensure trainings are delivered timely and in a standard manner.
Training and supervision
- Conduct training need assessment, prepare short term and long-term training plan and submit for the coordinator and follow up the execution .
- Conduct training need assessment for different stakeholders and make sure the training is delivered based on the identified gaps. Prepare and/or revise whether the training manual is up to the standard in terms of content, exercises and case studies for in-service training.
- Prepare and endorse standards that enable to measure the effectiveness of trainings, measures accordingly and implement intervention mechanisms
- Assist in Maintaining training schedule, monitoring deadlines for each training task, raise potential delays with the supervisor
- Execute endorsed rules regarding trainings
- Discharge duties directed by the supervisor
Design strategies in relation to training
- Prepare work plan based on the departments plan
- assist the design and implementation of training activities on electoral administration, electoral legal framework, and the overall electoral process;
- Assist the development and execution of an effective training strategy and training materials targeting election officials at various levels based on approved workplan(s), budgeting, and other relevant framework
- Prepares, improves, and orients training and education rules and manuals so as to implement up on approval.
- Adopts new experiences and skills considering the international experiences
- Develop mechanisms that improve training methodologies
- Support and build the capacity of other employees
- Execute other additional related duties directed form the supervisor
Required qualifications, Competencies & Skills trainings and experience
- BSc/BA degree in Education, Training, Human Resource Management, law or related field and at least 4 years of experience
- Excellent analytical, technical and conceptual knowledge about training need assessment and intervention;
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools
- Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in training facilitation
- Proficient in MS Office (esp. PowerPoint); e-learning software is an asset
- Phenomenal communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and time management abilities
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Amharic;
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to email@example.com by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Application Deadline: November 24, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.