Founded in 2007, ABH Services PLC (also called ABH Partners by trade name) is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing management firm in Ethiopia with over eleven years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general and the public health sphere of Ethiopia in particular. ABH focuses on knowledge management as the enabler and cross-cutting theme across its four major service lines or core competencies: Consultancy, Survey Management, Training, and Implementation of projects and programs.
Job ID: ABH-036-NEBE
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Training Coordinator.
Required number: One
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer, HQ of NEBE
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Training Coordinator will be responsible to ensure successful election through providing tailored training and supervision. Make sure that trainings are tailored based on identified gaps. Ensure quality of trainings and modules are up to the standard. Use alternative source of information and discussion with stakeholders to identify competency gaps. Conduct in depth analysis to fill training need and consider the gaps in training preparation. Follow up and ensure trainings are delivered timely and in a standard manner.
Supervise and discharge duties in relation to trainings
- Lead the design and implementation of training activities on electoral administration, electoral legal framework, and the overall electoral process;
- Coordinate the development and execution of an effective training strategy and training materials targeting election officials at various levels based on approved workplan(s), budgeting, and other relevant framework;
- Coordinate with NEBE implementing partners to plan for and facilitate the implementation of training activities, including at the regional level;
- Manage the identification of training centers and distribution of invitations to training participants;
- Oversee the appointment of trainers, gather information of trainees and monitor and assist in the overall training process;
- Oversee the development and improvement of training manuals, and assist in their translation into the relevant local languages; support the preparation of relevant training documents and materials for use by trainers;
- Lead forums tied to electoral training administration; closely monitor training strategies from the experiences of other countries and contribute to the enhancement of the overall training strategy and process;
- Maintain crucial training documents which track progress, file all documents in an appropriate database, ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the supervisor;
- Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect any training plan, communicate these items with the supervisor, and work to identify potential solutions;
- Maintain the training schedule, monitoring deadlines for each training task, raise potential delays with the supervisor
Coordinating and leading the team
- Plan the team annual plan in accordance with the directorate plan, oversee and support the subordinates plan whether it follows the standard format of the directorate
- Oversee and evaluate the subordinates’ performance and solve problems when arises
- Identify, evaluate and look for trainings to fill the gaps in the team performance
- Propose the required manpower, training, equipment, and finished goods by item and lists with descriptions
- Develops educational methodologies and procedures and proposes ideas for improvement
- Investigates feedback from clients and take corrective actions accordingly
- Implement a strategy that enable teamwork based on collaboration and with the spirit of mutual success
- Deliver timely report concerning the team performance
Required qualifications, Competencies & Skills trainings and experience
- BSc/BA degree in Education, Training, , human resource development or related field and at least 6 years of experience out of which 2 years of experience as a coordinator
- Demonstrated professional experience in drafting training plan, manuals and other materials in Amharic;
- Excellent analytical, technical and conceptual knowledge about training need assessment and intervention;
- Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a similar environment
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Experience with e-learning platforms
- MS Office proficiency
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Amharic;
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to email@example.com by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Application Deadline: November 24, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.