Founded in 2007, ABH Services PLC (also called ABH Partners by trade name) is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing management firm in Ethiopia with over eleven years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general and the public health sphere of Ethiopia in particular. ABH focuses on knowledge management as the enabler and cross-cutting theme across its four major service lines or core competencies: Consultancy, Survey Management, Training, and Implementation of projects and programs.
Job ID: ABH-035-NEBE
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Media Relations Expert.
Required number: One
Reports to: Communications Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
The Media Relations Expert is expected to support the Communications Department at the National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) on a range of issues including development and execution of an effective media engagement strategy to support the success of the upcoming Ethiopia general elections.
- Develop or/and update media and journalists contacts
- Receive and organize inquiries from the press or other media representatives and organize them to NEBE communications manager for response
- Draft press releases and news reports for media, NEBE website and social media pages
- Monitor urgent matters that needs media response related with NEBE
- Coordinate with media monitoring team and recommend possible responses for media
- Prepare online media engagement strategy and database
- Organize press conferences, media interviews and media briefings of NEBE
- Distribute approved press releases to media and other stakeholders
- Make sure events and initiatives of NEBE are highly covered by the press
- Design different strategies to promote and ensure high media coverage of NEBE work
- Serve as a lead communications person between NEBE and the media community for any engagement
- Identify basic information needs and ensure they are available for stakeholders including media
- Any other duty assigned by the NEBE communications manager
Required qualifications, Competencies & Skills trainings and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and International Relations, Journalism, Communications, Language studies, Law or related area required.
- Four years of demonstrated professional experience from which three years of direct work relations with media required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel and other basic software.
- Ability to establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment and utilize initiative to direct own and others' activities.
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines and show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Not be a member of any political party
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Ability to conduct self with integrity and function ethically and impartially
- Strong and comfortable in public appearances and ability to organize events
- Strong oral and written communication in Amharic and English.
- Strong command in more than one NEBE working languages preferred.
- Strong knowledge of electoral political environment of Ethiopia
- Strong knowledge of Ethiopia media landscape
- Fluency in English and Amharic required
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to email@example.com by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturdays.
Application Deadline: November 24, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.