Founded in 2007, ABH Services PLC (also called ABH Partners by trade name) is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing management firm in Ethiopia with over eleven years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general and the public health sphere of Ethiopia in particular. ABH focuses on knowledge management as the enabler and cross-cutting theme across its four major service lines or core competencies: Consultancy, Survey Management, Training, and Implementation of projects and programs.
Job ID: ABH-033-NEBE
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Information Desk Officer.
Required number: One
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
The Information Desk Officer is a mid-level position reporting to the HR Manager. S/he is responsible for front desk administrative duties including answering phone calls, greeting clients, and ordering office supplies.
- Cover the reception desk
- Provide information by answering questions and requests, address complaints, answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages.
- Take messages and communicate to appropriate employees
- Greet visitors and escort them to appropriate office or person.
- Carry out administrative duties as such filing, typing, copying, binding and scanning
- Develop and maintain computer and manual filling systems
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Assist in making meeting room reservations, catering arrangements and travel bookings
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain contact lists
- Perform basic data entry when needed
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Monitor office supplies and place Order when necessary.
- Operate and maintain office machines including printers, copiers, and fax
- Assist in issuing guest passes and employee ID cards
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other office staffs
- Maintains the reception area clean, organized and presentable with all necessary materials (papers, forms etc)
- Notify Security Officers about unescorted guests and emergency situations
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Required qualifications, Competencies & Skills trainings, and experience
- Degree or Diploma in Secretarial Science and Office Management, Business Administration, Management, Economics, Business Management, Marketing, Public Outreach, or related fields
- Minimum of 2 years of experience for degree level and 4 for diploma in similar positions
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturdays.
Application Deadline: November 24, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.