Founded in 2007, ABH Services PLC (also called ABH Partners by trade name) is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing management firm in Ethiopia with over eleven years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general and the public health sphere of Ethiopia in particular. ABH focuses on knowledge management as the enabler and cross-cutting theme across its four major service lines or core competencies: Consultancy, Survey Management, Training, and Implementation of projects and programs.
Job ID: ABH-032-NEBE
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of External Relations and Partnership Manager.
Required number: One
Reports to: NEBE management Board Member
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
The position holder enhances NEBE’s stakeholders’ engagement work by assisting to respond to the volume and diversity of election stakeholders and collaborating partners. The focus is on external partnerships and relations with donors, select Government offices, diplomatic community, civil society, in-country educational institutions, other Election Management Board and election networks. The position is based at Federal level, NEBE HQ. The position reports to a designated Board Member
- Build confidence in the institution (NEBE) and the quality of its operations
- Assist cultivate and generate trust in NEBE as an institution and its electoral processes
- Attend inter-Departmental meetings as activities are inter-twined and to promote unity of efforts
- Maintain/ create a database of the agreed ER partners’ names, contacts, location
- Maintain a good relationship with ER partners and ensure their relationship with NEBE is smooth
- Manage and oversee all donor program plans and budgets and reports
- Ensure coherence between the work of the ERP unit and other NEBE units-particularly Communications unit.
- Promote NEBE’s inclusion objectives and practices in major interactions with external partners
- In collaboration with Communications unit develop briefings, briefing papers, updates for external partners-at an agreed frequency and/or upon request
- Conduct operational planning and implementation for accreditation of observers, manage ERP’s events
- Develop ERP plans and budgets and prepare progress reports for the unit
- Develop a strategy for ERP with appropriate tools and mechanisms for implementation, for review and approval by the Board
- Line manage staff of the ERP unit
- Review proposals for partnership which may be submitted to NEBE, as appropriate liaise with other NEBE units depending on the area of interest of the applicants
- Propose structured platforms for interaction with external partners
- Facilitate in-house training on principles and best practice on managing partnerships in consultation with NEBE Human Resource unit
- Ensure external partners engagement and consultation events are managed well
- Report any risks, major challenges or issues of concern to the designated Board member and/or Board
- Assist NEBE manage and supervise its ERP unit, its work, its staff and its budget.
- Perform other duties assigned by immediate supervisor
Required qualifications, Competencies & Skills trainings and experience
- MA/BA degree in Economics, Development Studies, Journalism and communications, Political Science and International Relations, Business Administration, Business Management, Management, Sociology and Social Psychology or related area required.
- 8/10 years of demonstrated professional experience for MA and BA holders respectively of which 4/6 years respective managerial experience.
- Excellent External relations and partnership management skill and experience
- Ability to establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment and utilize initiative to direct own and others' activities.
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines and show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Not be a member of any political party
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Ability to conduct self with integrity and function ethically and impartially
- Strong and comfortable in public appearances and ability to organize events
- Strong oral and written communication in Amharic and English.
- Strong command in more than one NEBE working languages preferred.
- Strong knowledge of electoral political environment of Ethiopia
- Fluency in English and Amharic required
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to email@example.com by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturdays.
Application Deadline: November 24, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.