Founded in 2007, ABH Services PLC (also called ABH Partners by trade name) is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing management firm in Ethiopia with over eleven years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general and the public health sphere of Ethiopia in particular. ABH focuses on knowledge management as the enabler and cross-cutting theme across its four major service lines or core competencies: Consultancy, Survey Management, Training, and Implementation of projects and programs.
Job ID: ABH-031-NEBE
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Gender Equity and Social Inclusions Manager.
Required number: One
Reports to: NEBE Board Member
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
The Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) Manager is a leadership level position functionally reporting to the board. S/he is responsible to support NEBE to ensure effective representation and inclusion of women, PWDs and other groups with special needs in all aspects of electoral processes. S/he also facilitate opportunities and propose mechanisms for such groups to: register, vote, compete, and access information on election processes
- Support NEBE staff with knowledge, information, and skills on best practices to enhance and promote GESI
- Manage the GESI team's day to day activities (line management, reporting, planning)
- Ensure mainstreaming of GESI considerations in critical parts of election processes
- In addition to mainstreaming, propose standalone measures and strategies, which NEBE can champion, to comply with and enhance inclusion commitments;
- Organize and/or identify training opportunities to equip NEBE staff with current knowledge, skills and best practice on GESI;
- Coordinate analytical and technical input to the development of a roadmap for the operationalization of GESI;
- Engage with relevant governmental and non-governmental institutions to move forward the agenda on GESI growth
- Support the NEBE in developing or updating a framework for mainstreaming GESI, identify key issues, analyze and prioritize those issues efficiently and develop actionable recommendations
- Provide analytical and technical input to the development of roadmap to operationalize GESI in all sectors
- Demonstrate and develop depth of expertise in area of gender equality and social inclusiveness, and use knowledge to enrich and guide problem-solving with teams and external stakeholders
- Engage in GESI discussions with key stakeholders and build independent working relationships with all levels stakeholders, represent NEBE on key areas.
- Ensure clear and smooth cross-team collaboration
- Ensure, appropriate documentation of activities, successes and challenges faced in implementation, and advocate for improvements;
- Liaise with external partners supporting NEBE in this line of work; organize dialogue workshops;
- Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor;
Required qualifications, Competencies & Skills trainings and experience
- MA/BA in Gender Study, Human Rights Law, Sociology & Social Anthropology, Social psychology, Special Need, Development Studies and related fields
- For MA holders: at least 8 years of relevant experience of which 4 years on leadership position
- For BA holders: at least 10 years of relevant experience of which 6 years on leadership position
- Expertise in strategic gender planning, analysis, mainstreaming, budgeting, and gender-sensitive indicators
- Demonstrated experience in building capacity of stakeholders at institutional and individual levels on gender and nutrition issues
- Knowledge of best practices and lessons learned in designing and implementing gender approaches in specific sector work
- Strong leader with outstanding management skills and experience
- Excellent analytical, leadership, and data gathering skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a constantly evolving and challenging environment
- Ability to build relationships with all kinds of people and influence them
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, for a diverse range of audiences to listen and help others understand complex ideas; ability to write coherent and analytical reports is required
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Not be a member of any political party
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Conduct self with integrity and function ethically
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to email@example.com by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturdays.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.