Founded in 2007, ABH Services PLC (also called ABH Partners by trade name) is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing management firm in Ethiopia with over eleven years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general and the public health sphere of Ethiopia in particular. ABH focuses on knowledge management as the enabler and cross-cutting theme across its four major service lines or core competencies: Consultancy, Survey Management, Training, and Implementation of projects and programs.
Job ID: ABH-030-NEBE
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Risk Analysis and Management Specialist.
Required number: One
Reports to: The Board Chair
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
Under the direct supervision of the Board Chair, the selected candidate will lead the development and operationalization of institutional risk management plan. Additionally, in close cooperation with the JTF Electoral Conflict Prevention Specialist, and the national Early Warning System Expert, the selected candidate will support the NEBE in setting up the Electoral Violence Early Warning and Early Response System (EWER).
- Support the NEBE to develop a strategic risk management plan so there will a systematic application of policies, procedures, and practices to address risk;
- Lead institutional risk assessment efforts, to identify short term, tactical operational risks as well as long term, fundamental strategic risks that are internal and external to the NEBE;
- Operationalize, manage and monitor risk management plan that will mitigate potential adverse effects and maximize potential opportunities;
- Support the NEBE in the recruitment of security and risk management staff, procurement of equipment and logistic planning;
- Support NEBE in developing training curriculum for security and risk management staff and members;
- Development of a communication strategy and plan on the role of the EWER. Support the development of the IT software in close collaboration with the JTF focal point and the SEEDS project team;
- Support NEBE during the operational phase of the project including: monitoring of activities as well as reporting and consolidation of data for analysis and response supporting.
- Coordinate with national Early Warning Expert to support NEBE in analysing the Conflict Maps, including the impact of the hotspots on operational planning;
- Support the NEBE in the deployment of necessary equipment;
- Support NEBE in developing procedures for the performance management and activity monitoring;
Support the NEBE in the recruitment and training of all individuals involved in the EWER through the JEOCs and partnering institutions:
- Drafting of TORs,
- Coordination of recruitments,
- Scheduling of trainings,
- Implementation of trainings.
Support the NEBE in the Coordination of the operational phase of the EWER deployment:
- Ensure proper reporting of data through the platform and continuous cleaning of the database;
- Supervise the development of analysis and reports on the basis of collected information by the national EWER staff located at the NEBE;
- Coordinate with national Early Warning Expert in the provision of regular updates, draft reports and other documents according to the Project’s reporting framework as well as ad-hoc requirements;
- Perform other tasks and duties as requested by the Board Chair related to the implementation of the EWER.
Evaluation and lessons-learnt:
- Complete all required reporting regarding the implementation of the EWER in close cooperation with the administrative, reporting and financial assistant.
Required qualifications, Competencies & Skills trainings and experience
- MA or equivalent in Political Sciences, International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies, Strategic Planning Studies or related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in areas of risk management, conflict prevention, early warning and risk monitoring including in electoral contexts;
- Experience in implementing trainings and drafting procedures;
- Experience working within or with security forces is an advantage;
- The post requires considerable cultural and political sensitivity and an ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Not be a member of any political party
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Conduct self with integrity and function ethically
- Ability to manage staff and work with senior management
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to email@example.com by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturdays.
Application Deadline: October 23, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.