Founded in 2007, ABH Services PLC (also called ABH Partners by trade name) is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing management firm in Ethiopia with over eleven years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general and the public health sphere of Ethiopia in particular. ABH focuses on knowledge management as the enabler and cross-cutting theme across its four major service lines or core competencies: Consultancy, Survey Management, Training, and Implementation of projects and programs.
Job ID: ABH-029-NEBE
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Civic and Voters Education Manager.
Required number: One
Reports to: NEBE Board Member
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
The NEBE Civic and Voters Education Manager is responsible for maintaining and establishing NEBE’s Civic and Voters Education vision and leading all aspects of the department. As head of Civic and Voters Education department, he/she plays an integral role in NEBE’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. Leading the implementation of a Civic and Voter Education program, responsibilities will include:;day to day team management tasks, the leading, developing, rolling out, managing and monitoring as well as playing advisory role on this area.
- Provide technical leadership for the development of NEBE’s civic and voter education country wide strategy, the production, translation into local languages and dissemination of civic and voter education materials;
- Provide oversight of the development of training modules and related materials and plans to ensure standard and manage training roll out to all regions.
- Coordinate the procurement of civic and voter education related activities Establish civic and voter education platform and continuously liaise with NEBE regional branch offices;
- Review the standards and requirements for civil society groups engaged in Civic and Voters Education and oversee their performance;
- Establish relations with relevant stakeholders and ensure there is close coordination with and among civic/voter education partners
- Oversee the development of monitoring tools for the continuous assessment of public knowledge of electoral related issues amongst potential voters and provide regular monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the coverage and quality of civic education with close coordination with NEBE regional branch offices.
- Based on NEBE’s mission and strategy, responsible for preparing departmental plan, monitor and evaluate implementation and prepare report for concerned bodies
- Communicate NEBE’s vision, mission, and strategic objectives to the staff;
- Responsible to review the performance of employees on timely manner and take appropriate improvement actions as deemed necessary;
- Lead and monitor the implementation of departmental activities and take remedial actions as deemed necessary on timely manner;
- In order to meet NEBE’s legal mandate, assess the human resource need for the department, submit request to concerned authority for approval and ensure timely staffing;
- Conduct staff capacity need assessment, prepare appropriate intervention strategy and facilitate trainings;
- Ensures departmental activities are implemented timely at the expected quality;
- Organize platform to support that Civil Societies understand their engagement with NEBE and ensure compliance;
- Provide evidence based recommendations to NEBE management to take legal action against those Civil Societies that are not discharging their responsibility as per their engagement;
- Review the strengths and improvement areas of the department, put robust business process in place;
- Ensure information related to the department is well captured and organized;
- Suggest robust system to improve the provision of Civic and Voters Education;
- Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Required qualifications, Competencies & Skills trainings and experience
- MA/MBA/BA in Civics, Pedagogical Studies, Political Science and International Relations, Law, Public Administration, Communications and Journalism and related fields
- For MA/MBA holders: at least 8 years of relevant experience of which 4 years on leadership position
- For BA holders: at least 10 years of relevant experience of which 6 years on leadership position
- Experience in the development and delivery of public education and information programsin an election context, or relevant equivalent experience in the field of working with civil society organizations and implementing projects;
- Work experience with implementation of an inclusive/gender-responsive public education program is an asset;
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Not be a member of any political party
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Conduct self with integrity and function ethically
- Ability to manage staff and work with senior management
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturdays.
Application Deadline: October 23, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.