Founded in 2007, ABH Services PLC (also called ABH Partners by trade name) is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing management firm in Ethiopia with over eleven years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general and the public health sphere of Ethiopia in particular. ABH focuses on knowledge management as the enabler and cross-cutting theme across its four major service lines or core competencies: Consultancy, Survey Management, Training, and Implementation of projects and programs.
Job ID: ABH-021-NEBE
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Executive Assistant.
Required number: One
Reports to: Board Chair Person, HQ office of NEBE
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a responsible Executive Assistant to support the NEBE Chair Person in a timely and professional manner. S/he will provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance to Chair Person and other top-level executives.
The Executive Assistant’s main duties include scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and organizing daily calendars. To be successful in this role, the candidate should be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively.
- Manage daily calendars of the Chairperson;
- Plan and coordinate appointments, meetings and other events with the chairperson;
- Act as the point of contact between the Chair Person, external guests, and employees;
- Create regular reports and update internal databases;
- Providing secretarial service to executive management;
- Make travel arrangements and hotel booking for the Chair;
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications;
- Respond promptly to managers, visitors and staff queries;
- Prepare and edit correspondences, communications, reports, and other documents;
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and visitors;
- Research, analysis, and presentation of relevant information gathered from diverse sources;
- Support in the preparation of reports, background papers, studies, concept notes, and talking points;
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondences;
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions;
- Perform other tasks assigned by Chairperson.
Required qualifications, Competencies & Skills training and experience
- BA degree in Management, Business Management, Business Administration, Office Management, Communication and Journalism, Marketing and related fields
- Minimum of 6 years of proven work experience as a Senior Executive Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant, Senior Office Secretary, or similar role.
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality
- Conduct self with integrity and function ethically
- Solid experience of office management systems and MS Office
- Experience using office equipment, including printers and fax machines
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
- Not be a member of any political party
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials, and work experience via email to email@example.com by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. The application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and half-day on Saturdays.
Application Deadline: Sept. 06, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfill the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.