Founded in 2007, ABH Services PLC (also called ABH Partners by trade name) is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing management firm in Ethiopia with over eleven years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general and the public health sphere of Ethiopia in particular. ABH focuses on knowledge management as the enabler and cross-cutting theme across its four major service lines or core competencies: Consultancy, Survey Management, Training and Implementation of projects and programs.
Job ID: ABH-017-NEBE
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Human Resource Manager.
Required number: One
Reports to: Chief Executive of HQ office of NEBE
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
The HR Manager is a leadership level position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. S/he is responsible to oversee the entire human resource department activities such as Staff recruitment, selection & placement, learning & development, performance management, benefit & compensation management, staff relations, personnel data management etc. S/he will also advise the leadership on human resource management matters.
- Develop and revise NEBE human resource strategies, Policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Enforce NEBE human resource strategies, policies and procedures and enhance employee capacity;
- In collaboration with other departments, plan & lead institutional reforms;
- Ensuring employee health and safety through proactively engaging leadership and other partners, ensuring health & safety protocols are adhered at all level;
- Ensure that new NEBE employees are registered at the Pension Agency on time, facilitate the retirement of employees and ensure necessary documents are submitted to the Agency on timely manner;
- Based on NEBE’S annual plan, prepare human resource department annual plan, leads and monitor its proper implementation;
- Lead employee recruitment, selection and induction process and ensure the processes are transparent, timely and fair and also work towards achieving a diverse workforce which will support the delivery of NEBE’s goal;
- Ensure timely renewal/extension of employee contracts;
- Ensure that employee transfer, relocation, promotion, demotion and separation is done as per NEBE’s human resource policy and employment law of the land;
- Ensure payroll information is provided to finance on monthly basis;
- Manage staff welfare including periodic team building;
- Oversee human resource team works and build their capacity accordingly;
- Conduct NEBE employee capacity need assessment, and based on the result, he/she will prepare training & development plan and leads its implementation;
- Develop induction and orientation plan for new employees, Facilitate orientation/training on NEBE’s strategies, policies and procedures; -
- Update NEBE’s training policy based on the prevailing need assessment results , lead and monitor its implementation;
- Review Ethical rules and standards applicable to all civil servants and identify those that specifically apply for NEBE.
- Compile and prepare the above rules and standards, oversee the implementation with the Board’s approval.
- Facilitate discussion sessions, consultative meetings and experience sharing platforms that help NEBE’s reform and development;
- Implement salary and other benefits as per NEBE’s policy;
- Lead and ensure employee relations & disciplinary issues are handled as per NEBE’s policy;
- Provide technical support to the leadership and other staffs;
- Ensure gender equity and inclusiveness in the human resource activities;
- Ensure personnel records are up to date; both electronic and hard copy files and ensure the files are complete and all required documentation is maintained in a confidential and secured manner; and
- Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Required qualifications, Competencies & Skills trainings and experience
- MA/MBA/BA in Human Resource & Organizational Development, Business Management, Public Administration and related fields
- For MA/MBA holders: at least 8 years of relevant experience of which 4 years on leadership position
- For BA holders: at least 10 years of relevant experience of which 6 years on leadership position
- Knowledge of various HR software
- Respect NEBE’s main principles of performing in a free, impartial and fair manner;
- Strong grasp of democratic institutions principles;
- An excellent team player, positive change manager and result orient personality
- Sound coaching and capacity building skills
- An energetic self-starter with resilience, pace, interpersonal flexibility and comfort with ambiguity to succeed within the evolving and sometimes demanding context
- High sense of integrity, have a strong ethical and moral principles, confidentiality and initiating sound judgement of HR practices.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Demonstrated experiences of working effectively with people from diverse background, promoting equity, fairness and affirmative opportunities
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Not be a member of any political party
- Ability to manage staff and work with senior management
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Application Deadline: 5:30pm, August 14, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.