Founded in 2007, ABH Services PLC (also called ABH Partners by trade name) is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing management firm in Ethiopia with over eleven years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general and the public health sphere of Ethiopia in particular. ABH focuses on knowledge management as the enabler and cross-cutting theme across its four major service lines or core competencies: Consultancy, Survey Management, Training and Implementation of projects and programs.
Job ID: ABH-012-AFM-20
Category: Accounting and Finance, Management
Location: Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
Employment Type: Full time
The main purpose of the job is to guide, plan, manage and review the implementation and effectiveness of all financial and administrative strategies, processes, systems and procedures of ABH Partners PLC that aid in meeting its overall organizational objectives. Working as a member of the senior management team, the finance manager is responsible to guide and motivate staff, as well as keep the organization running effectively and efficiently.
1. Financial Planning and Budgeting:
· Manage the financial planning system and co-ordinate the annual fiscal planning process.
· Communicate financial plans and budget guidelines to enable managers to develop and manage budgets effectively.
· Interpret and analyze reports and actual results against budgets, feedback to the CEO with advice and recommended actions if necessary.
2. Finance and Administrative Systems:
· Develop and/or improve financial and administrative information systems.
· Ensure all appropriate persons are able to use the standard accounting systems.
· If not in place plan for rollout of all systems to head office and branch offices of ABH
· Ensure all data is accurate and complete.
3. Internal Controls:
· Ensure required financial and administrative documents exist and remain current (e.g.. Fixed Asset Register, Delegation of Authority policy, Risk Register, Conflict of Interest Register, Cash & authorization limits, administrative procedures, and formats).
· Review and update procedures and accounts manuals
4. Cash Management:
· Develop systems to ensure funds are always available for the company and company’s activities and that cash is secure.
· Monitor cash collection from clients and partners and cash flow and report to the CEO.
· Keep cash tracker information up to date and ensure it reflects income accurately.
· Make sure levels of cash held at the company cashiers are not excessive and are deposited at the company’s bank account
5. Policy and Procedure:
· Implement financial and administrative management policies and procedures and develop tools and systems ensuring compliance with the company’s overall policies, client’s requirements, and country laws and regulations.
· Review and ensure the accuracy and quality of financial and administrative reports to both internal (management team, shareholders) and external (government) stakeholders.
· Present results and any recommended actions to the management team
· Facilitate and co-ordinate both internal and external audits (administrative, tax & financial)
· Lead the development of action plans based on audit recommendations and monitor progress on achievements
8. Tax Administration
· Take major responsibility for keeping and ensuring ABH is compliant with various local, state, and federal tax regulations.
· Implement measures and develop policies for dealing with various areas relating to taxes.
· Perform estimations, analysis, planning, and research and oversee audits.
9. HR Planning and Strategy:
· Maintain oversight and guide HR strategy that ensures the effective planning, recruitment, retention, motivation, and learning and development of the best possible team to meet the organization’s changing needs.
10. Line Management of Staff:
· Lead, motivate, supervise, guide and support staff members under his/her supervision
11. Value for Money/Financial Efficiency:
· Promote value for money as part of the organizational culture.
· Develop procedures for assessing the value for money that ABH obtains in all its business activities, identifying cost-saving mechanisms and ensuring financial efficiency in the workplace.
In general: To carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Masters degree Business Management, Economics, Law, Supply Management or related fields with a background in accounting or finance
- Five years of related experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements can submit their CV along with application letter and other credentials documents through the ethiojobs portal.
For more information, please call at +251 11618 65 20
Deadline for submission of application: Jan. 19, 2020